So, the other day, my friend Viwe asked me “What do you think about South African Boys” Here it is:
Every time I travel, whether it be in the U.S. or going outside of the U.S., I like to do comparisons so this was a very interesting topic for me to blog about. Anyway so, South African men have been very appealing to me. I can only speak on behalf of my experience and generalize for a moment what I have seen. I have also only been exposed to University males and males around the program so, my view on South African guys are very limited
1. Men here are very intelligent
a. Most of the guys that I have come across are triple majors and in Masters programs (2nd masters degree)
b. Men here are very cultural, I have met a lot of men who are deeply involved with their cultural practices and although
2. Men here are very aggressive
a. Men are very blunt here, nothing is sugar-coated or censored, it is usually said exactly how it crosses the mind
i. Not meant to hurt you, just uncensored with a smile
b. Men like to be upfront and touch you to get your attention
i. I hate this, don’t have to touch me to speak to me
1. Makes you look very desperate…smh
3. Hygiene
a. Just like everywhere in the world, you have those that have bad hygiene and those that have good
i. I have found that those with good hygiene have beautiful scents that just flow in the wind
ii. The cologne or soap or deodorant smells amazing.
4. Dress Very Well
a. The guys here are always dressed up, I have yet to see a guy dressed down here
i. Button ups jeans and shoes
ii. Even if they where tackies (sneakers) they can still dress up an outfit
5. Comfortable with sexuality
a. Guys here bend over tables just like a girl would and I must say, I have never seen a straight guy
b. Guys here will say another guy is attractive and I will think nothing of it---Where at home the question of homosexuality comes up
6. Brotherly
a. There is a strong bond between the men here
i. Even if they are from different neighborhoods or cultural tribes, they can connect like brothers
7. Very demanding
a. Still have the mentality that women are beneath them
These are just some things that I have noticed about the African Men here. I think they are very interesting and I admire the whole dressing up aspect as well as the comfortability with sexuality. I can honor that because I have never seen anything like that in my life and I respect it because it is okay for females to do it and men here. The society is just as sexist as U.S., but the sexism dynamics are interesting none the least.
Thats all for now
Stay Royal :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment