So this was going well for almost three weeks (missed it by two days) and then came SPRING BREAK. I think this was definitely my downfall in this whole process besides the fact that the raw diet wasn’t helping my digestive system. But I have become very creative and I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and avoiding temptation because lord knows that I have wanted everything in the world that I can’t have and NOT portioned…lol. I have learned to love salads-with cheese, its more filling as well as delicious! I have also learned to like guacamole with apples, who would’ve ever thought? You become very creative when you are in survival mode and have strictly trained yourself to be under and oblige by a strict diet or in an attempt for a lifestyle change. So when you’re on a special diet like the raw diet, it is best if you bring your own food. The problem with this was that I was unsure of the policies of the airport and I definitely didn’t want to bring a lot of food and then have to throw it away because I am definitely not trying to need money or ask my mom for money until towards the end of my trip. Anyways so, I know its hard to get food on the plane in the U.S. and I am a foreigner so, I will forget all of that. My program provides you with food during the whole trip and I was assuming fruit and muffins with juice or something since nothing is open at 6am in the morning. So, we get to the airport around 6:30am and then we went to Spurs (A very famous restaurant here in SA), this was my first time and I was excited to see what spurs had to offer. Everything was ordered before we got there so, I had some orange juice and then came the food: Eggs-sunny side up or scrambled with Ham, Toast. Oh man and what time is lunch? We don’t get lunch until 12pm, uuh I have to eat it. I didn’t want to overdo it so, I didn’t eat the toast or the ham and when I say the eggs were delicious! I mean it was god sent, these eggs were amazing and I am not sure if it was because I didn’t have anything hot in so long or just the hunger, but this was a slow end to the raw diet. I could feel it! So, that part wasn’t so bad, but then we got on the bus that will take us to Nelspruit, after the flight, and of course we were hungry again! We were provided with a lunch box that had a chicken sandwich, apple, cereal bar, muffin and a juice. I gave my muffin away and ate the cereal bar and the apple à 2 hours later, I was hungry again so, I ate the chicken sandwich. This sandwich was sliced chicken on a roll with no cheese and butter-what type of sandwich is this right? lol Beggars can’t be choosy. So, the raw diet was officially downhill from here. After the 5hr bus ride, we arrived at Old Vic and had to wait three hours until dinner. So the first night was beef stew with Gem Squash, mixed veggies, rice and salad and Bread. I definitely thought about eating only the salad but the vegetarians had to eat first and a small bowl of salad wasn’t going to hold me over. I had a little bit everything except for the bread and when I say this was the start to some of the BEST food eating since I have been in South Africa. The next four days, there was an unlimited amount of food with Crazy Dave because they fed us every 7hrs. Although my conscious was eating me up, I must say this food was extravagant, my energy increased, my digestive system was better, I felt that I weighted less, and It was all around the effects of the raw diet, but nothing was raw….lol. I must say that it was very easy to fall into temptation and when temptation is combined with provided meals---its no joke.
Stay Royal :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment