Saturday, October 16, 2010

BEAUTIFUL

So I have this friend name Mandla from my dance class who always gets complimentary tickets to the shows at Baxter Theater. Baxter Theater is like Broadway shows so, it is always nice to go an meet all the high class people as well as dancers from all over Cape Town as well as South Africa. Anyways, the first show we went to was Carmen By Dada, she was absolutely AMAZING, every move was sharp and the choreography was out of this world. It was definitely the first play here that I was able to follow and by far one of the BEST. So today I was invited to go to another show called Beautiful and I am down to go to a show where I don’t have to pay and It is across the street so, I am able to leave when I want. Beautiful was this show where the cast was all unable people. I have yet to see any disable people in Cape Town because apparently, the proper thing to do here is to hide them. Anyways there were death people, multiple s sclerosis, blind, etc. The people were dancing in wheel chairs and saying skits. It was beautiful as the title said it would be. I felt so many emotions because it makes me think about all the things that I complain about and some people are unable to see, walk, hear, or talk and they are fulfilled with life. I also thought about how well the actors and actresses dance and performed despite their disabilities. I am here searching for fulfillment through education and by living life day by day, not realizing how blessed I am to have all my senses and to be able to walk.

Funny what people complain about! There was a quote “I once complained about shoes until I met a man without any feet.” Thinking about this, it makes no sense for people to complain when they have been fortunate enough to make it to another day. But will this stop us from complaining? Think about! I am sure you will be a little more conscious about what you complain about from now on.

Stay Royal :-)

No comments: