Monday, August 16, 2010

Hillsong Church


Wow so, church has been a issue in my life since I have grown up. I love god and I do believe there is one, but I don't believe that I should have to go to church to prove any of the above. Anyways, I have been trying to go to some churches in the places that I live-home with my cousin, in Ithaca with some friends, and recently in Cape Town. Yesterday, I went to the Hill-Song Church of Cape Town and I have to say that I was touched. I had so many feelings come out that I never even thought I would see in church. Now as someone who went to church sooo much when I was younger, I didn't see myself going to church religiously until maybe after college, but I think I found my church-which so happens to be in Cape Town so, the church search will continue when I get back home and to school.

A little Background information: I have always been interested in reading the WHOLE bible and understanding and being able to recite scriptures and for some reason, I just never really had the motivation to get up and go to church and when I did, there was always something in my way. Any who the RA in my program knocked on my door, there was free transportation to and from the church and there was just no reason for me NOT to go. So we arrive at the church and it is HUGE. It reminds me of the Jacob Javits Center in NYC. The place is set up like a concert and the preacher calls all of the young people to the front--that's me...lol...We go to the front of the church, we pray and introduce ourselves to one another and then the music came on the screen with a live band and we did a sing-a-long. Now Everyone knows how much I LOVE KARAOKE!! and the religious songs were cool. It was like a christian rock band from the church and the songs were very catchy. The preacher was very deep, I mean I was tearing in church. I have really been touched and I really enjoyed myself and I am definitely excited for the sisterhood session on Saturday morning and Sunday service. I mean it doesn't even sound like I am writing this...lol

I had the time of my life at this church. This will definitely be my Cape Town church, I am definitely ready to get involved in what this church has to offer. I have been very touched and to think that I woke up this morning and read a whole chapter in Acts. It was AMAZING. I woke up at 6:40am and I was mad at first, but the song "God is trying to tell me something" was in my head so, that meant it was definitely time to wake up.

Well that's all for now
Stay Royal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this look like a convention...wow

BIGGMAMA21 said...

I'M GLAD YOUR GETTING YOUR PRAISE ON LOVE YOU,MISS YOU MADLY GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!