Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder



Wow that is some deep shit because I see me and my natural hair as a beautiful thing, but yet when I walk down the street, all I get is oh your going natural. No shit, doesn’t it look natural. I catch myself now and then wanting my hair straighten: I don’t know if it is the curiosity of how my hair is growing or the competition of showing my “good hair.” I long for my hair to grow out and be healthy-well just to look and for what? I know I like the object of being able to cut my hair and not feel any connection to it afterwards. Is it the peer-pressure of the desire for long hair that makes me second guess my decision? Funny how when your hair is naturally out and kinky, its not cute because it doesn’t “look done.” Who are you to tell someone that their hair is un-done? Natural is the state that you were blessed with before the chemical treatments and the straightening techniques and before people of color were forced to fit in with the white population. By making a mockery about someone with natural hair is to only make mockery of yourself! Remember your hair was natural before you converted. Now don’t take this as a bashing because hair is hair and as I always say: it’s materialistic and it will grow back. But if you do take offense to this, then it is you I am talking about.




I got Good Hair, I have African in my family. Don’t define beauty from what society has accepted as beautiful. It is in the eye of the beholder and you should embrace who you are. You have all that you have for a reason so, embrace it. Behold that the beauty is you on your worst day and embrace it in all the ways possible. Stay Royal!

4 comments:

biggmama21 said...

Ahhhh! look at my beautiful"QUEEN" I miss my AFRICAN PRINCESS! Stay as royal as you are I love you but God love you best. I found this quote by Ralph Emerson and it goes like this: " WHAT LIES BEHIND US AND WHAT LIES BEFORE US ARE TINY MATTERS COMPARED TO WHAT LIES WITHIN US" Your beautiful inside out love you miss you!

Anonymous said...

your hair looks niceand I love it. That hairstyle you have now kinda of remind me of the 70s'...lmao

Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous...lmfao and mom...I love you too and yes god definitely loves me...unbelievably blessed

Anonymous said...

i like the quote!!! and i agree im really loving the afro i should pick mine out! i tried this baking soda treatment which was glorious! cant wait for the skype call