Today was very chill, there are two girls in our program whose birthday is today, but the plans are not definite. I am woken up early by my RA being a creeper and knocking on my window. As he knocks and screams out my name, in my half sleeping stage, I am sliding off the bed as if he can see me because I don't catch his voice and my window is very high which means someone climbed up to knock on it. I get up to open the door and his arms are through the gates knocking on the door. Boy was that some creeper performance. Anyways, it has become routine for him to come and knock on the door and wake me up by saying 5minutes we are leaving. Today is Saturday and everything is optional and I am running out of Rand. OMG, I have spent over $100 American dollars since I been here already. DON’T judge yet, let me explain. The first day, the phone was $1105rand for the next five months, I brought some groceries-oranges, oatmeal, turkey sandwich meat for 125 rand and I cashed $100 USD in the airport which takes a commission so, I only got 620rand and I am running out. We have been eating out, cabbing it both ways and paying cover fees for some BULLSHIT ASS clubs. Any who so today we went as a group in town to the Farmer’s market know as the biscuit mill
to get something to eat. This place had a number of local people selling food, freshly squeezed juices, organic tea, clothes and shoes (handcrafted). It was such an amazing experience as we circled the area and sampled a number of foods. We sat down on hay stacks to eat; the pomegranate juice and gyro was delicious. The fruits and ice were blended right in front of you and the gyro included freshly baked bread and freshly There was an ATM and since my mom told me that I will not be charged any international fees, I decided to stick with TD bank and not open a bank account with a local bank here. The Rand is still a little bit confusing, but I am getting the hang of it. We went to El Fiesta
and it was an amazing restaurant and then it was sleep time. Today was mellow and I loved it because I was tired as hell. Until next time, stay Royal!
2 comments:
Hey sis I'm glad you reached there safely. Well it seems you have already met different people and experienced different walks of life. I'm very proud of you, love you, and missing you all at the same time. I know that you will make the best of this situation and learn as much as you can. Sheena-Marie gives her shout outs and says enjoy & be safe. I see you been eating real well also Fat Snack. Lmbo! Stop partying every night and do some school work (in the voice of mommy) lol. Well checkin out- so "until next time stay Royal" :-)
Godd-Big Bro
Hahaha school starts on July 26 so, I am just exploring and doing some orientation and planning what I am going to do for my 21st birthday. I have to celebrate for four days. . .lol. . .Love ya and stay Royal
Post a Comment