Day 4: Thursday July 15, 2010
So today was different, I am absolutely exhausted. I got up at 6am because it was one of those bathroom visits that wouldn’t go away so I had to get up. As I woke up, the floor was freezing because although I have the smaller room, the electric heater works when it wants. IES orientation is almost over, thank god because this 8am stuff is not working out too well for me. Although UCT orientation starts at 8am also, we get a break on Saturday. We have been partying EVERY night since we have been here and I am very sleepy deprived. Anyways so today we were late again; everything here is on time when it comes to the professor’s time. Naomi gets upset when we are late and although we arrive right on time, by the time we get our food, we have to rush to eat it. So, as a group, we need to work on getting up earlier because we are making my RA look really bad. Breakfast was pretty good and you can’t complain when it free, but we had keesh. We didn’t have to share the room with the Franklin and Marshall Students so there was little more room. We sat and met the teachers that will teach the 6credit IES courses and spoke to Nick about the program and Cape Town as a whole. We then had finger food for lunch on campus at the restaurant in the Baxter theatre. It was DELICIOUS: shrimp, egg rolls, shish kebobs, and sandwiches with fresh juice. I have yet to be given water here, but dehydration is even worse. So, after lunch you are free unless you are in social development class. Of course this is the class I’m in. So my day will be extended even though I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Anywho, we go to the Amy beilh foundation and the carpenter’s shop where we saw people that worked with kids and people that work with homeless adults. Both foundations sound great! I am glad that I chose a class where I can help out people in the neighborhood. After this adventure, I took a nap and of course it was back to the club. Long Street and Alcohol…Great. That’s all for now, until next time.
1 comment:
you really have to try and get some rest! not so much partying!LOL!LOVE YOU MISS YOU HA HA HA I KNOW YOU'RE SAYING OMG!
Post a Comment