Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The adventures of Chrome:

So although I am in Africa, for some reason, it is hard to find a hip-hop spot, African music, or just a spot with black locals. Who would’ve thought that it would be so difficult to find the black people in Africa? Anyways, as we were getting to know some people and because this is the week of UCT orientation, we have the advantage of asking the local students. We heard a lot of people say “Chrome” on Wednesday night is the place to be so, of course that was my official plan for Wednesday night. Everyone says their down and when it becomes time to go, it winds up only being me, Liana, Kia and Charlie---All the black girls. Moses says “What is this, a black event? Apartheid is over!” It’s so funny how when it comes to mingling with different races, its always the minority’s job to initiate and go along with the majority’s ideas. Well, I am not going to go off on a tangent on that because that would cause for another blog. So, Screw that! Whatever we are going out and if it shall be titled a black event then so be it. So, on Wednesday, the plan is to go to Chrome! So, because IES is so great, we could miss a lot of the UCT orientation, but we went up to the IES office to ask some questions-which showed that we didn’t go to orientation…lol. The point is we tried so, after visiting the IES we go to 2way travel to make our deposit for Shark Cage diving on my 21st birthday. I knew I was crazy, but omg! I have second thoughts after they showed me this.


the hell? Thank God I am economically knowledgeable because there are no refunds for the deposit and I don’t WASTE MONEY. Oh and the water is going to be cold, I hope the water suits are warm. Oh Gosh so, anyways, I am over that! We head down to campus to go food shopping because Charlie is cooking tonight, gosh it feels great to just have someone else cook-I am trying to get everyone’s schedule. LMFAO Anyways, dinner was delicious! We watched bringing down the house as we ate and then it was time to get ready. So it is now about 6pm and Liana has to go home to get ready and then me Charlie and kia have to get ready. Charlie and Kia walk Liana home because now all the sudden, I take the longest to get ready….lol Anyways so we all get ready and dressed up---which we haven’t really done much since we been here. The first 100 guests to Chrome get in free, we want to be that but Chrome opens at 10pm and we just missed the Jammie that we need to get on and it is 8:45. So, we are trying to figure out the schedule because it is in military time and there are a number of different stops. Anyways, I ask one of the security guys for help and he goes into the office so, I am assuming, he doesn’t know what I am asking him. Who knew that my American English accent would be a language barrier? Anyways as inpatient as we are, we begin to head back home, its not our night to go out. As we begin to walk away, the security guard come out and says he called the bus shuttle for us. We lose kia because she is tired so, now we skeptically wait for the shuttle as this guy decides to come up to use and talk to us—the same liana was just laughing at for the way he was eating an ice-cream cone. Anyways, the shuttle comes in time for kia to call us to see if we got on the bus. The bus driver looks angry and in a hurry, as he speeds and slide on the bus, we talk. He turns around and yells that he needs quiet because he is driving. How ironic and random at the same time. We finally make it to LONG STREET—the place to be in Cape Town, yea I know I said I wasn’t coming back, but this is a new club. Anyways as we arrive, you cant hear any music and we are now late so, we paid $60rand to get in. Oh gosh, I hope I am not disappointed!!..........to my surprise it was a beautiful site to see. Liana brought two rounds of shots-tequila and sour apple for $1 rand and the party begins. The guys were dancing-wayy more than American dudes and no one was shy. This was definitely worth $60 rand and I was with some locals and I had the time of my life. this was the first time since I been here that I was tired and ready to go because I was dancing so much. Chrome is definitely the spot. Any who we met up with some people after so, the cab was super cheap! We dropped liana off as me and Charlie are left in the car with a bunch of drunks-who confessed that they didn’t have any money once we got to Dunvegan. They got me once, not again! Me and Charlie hopped out like we were 007 spies. See ya later sucker and that was the night. Stay Royal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chrome is koo very nice inside but we always went to stones in observatory for wednesday for the drinkn specials have u met eddies friends? they were always fun and i originally wanted to put that thang on sifiso but had a change of heart but they are all really chilll i felt like one of the guys with them

i know my comments are random but just writing what comes to mind